Total productive maintenance (TPM) is a system of maintaining and improving the integrity of production, safety and quality systems through the machines, equipment, processes and employees that add business value to an organization.
Features of TPM implementation process:-
- TPM Goals ZBAD (Zero Breakdown, Zero Accident, Zero Defect).
- 5S, TPM implementation and sustainability in all production, maintenance and commercial area.
- Develop Search Free & Count Free system.
- WIP & Inventory Control Management.
- Process improvement by developing SOPs.
- Machine health improvement by TPM Pillar concepts.
- Increase OEE of machinery by KK Pillar concepts.
- Improving existing plant maintenance system.
- Providing training to upgrade operations and maintenance skills.
- Prepare CLRI (Cleaning, Lubrication, Retightening & Inspection) Standards to improve Machine health.
- Root cause analysis by applying 7 QC tools.
- Analysis of KPI.
Benefit of TPM
- Priorities the problem and its solution
- System based Stores & Warehouse instead of person based
- Inventory control & its traceability resulting in on time shipment.
- To reduce maintenance cost at least by 30%
- Reducing of machine breakdown resulting in higher productivity & better quality
- Compliance improvement
- Skill development